Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Little Nostalgia

I get in these moods every once in a while where I just have to look back at old videos and old photos, but I'm sure all parents do this. Sometimes it's hard to remember what Ashleigh looked like, the words she was saying, the way her personality was blossoming...it breaks my heart when I can't remember. I don't want to forget. As much as technology erks me sometimes, I am ever so grateful for camcorders and cameras. They allow me to go back to the day whenever I want...to help me remember and to never forget. My baby girl is growing up so fast, I try to slow down, but it just doesn't. Whether I like it or not, my baby girl is growing up. Before I know it she will be a grown woman looking back at old videos and photos of her own kids. I just don't know what else to do...to capture her life, to show her how much I really do lover her, to groom her to be a happy, successful woman. I can blog all I want for her to read, I can scrapbook in every moment of my spare time, I can tell her every chance I get how much I love her. And now there is Addy...another little life to love more than I can express into words. Any doubts I may have had in my ability to love and care for another baby have been laid to rest...I love both of them more than I can possibly ever express. I can only hope my scrapbooks, blogs, photo albums, etc. give them at least a glimpse of how I treasure them both. I don't care if I have 10 million pages of blog, a thousand scrapbooks, or a billion photo albums...I'll keep doing it...for them!! I love you more than life Ashleigh Shea and Addyson Shealeigh Linder!! And thank you, Brian, for giving me two of the most precious little girls in the world!!

On a funnier note, this is stolen from Jessica's blog, but she can tell the story much better than me:

I have to start my blog today with one of the funniest - like HYSTERICALLY funny - things that has happened here at the Rogers household in a very long time...The four of us are hanging out in the den sometime before 7:00 PM when the doorbell rings. Jeremy is at the door within seconds, and nobody is there. He opens the door and sees a plastic grocery bag with something in it sitting by the front door...but NOBODY is around. At this point, I'm also at the door and he's standing in our driveway looking around. He says, "Don't touch that bag! This isn't cool. You don't know what's in there!" So he gets the bag and throws it down our sidewalk closer to the grass and says, "I'm going in." (Like he's a dang surgeon, or a member of the bomb squad!) He cautiously - I mean EXTREMELY cautiously - starts tearing the bag open and there are small cartons in it. He opens one, and it's a brownie. So I say, "Man, is somebody trying to poison us? Do NOT eat that. Take it to the trash now." I look around at all of the neighbor's houses thinking I'll see a glimmer of a sign as to who did it. He continues to open the bag and there is another carton with a pecan pie, and 2 others with ice cream, and 2 other small ones with caramel sauce and chocolate sauce. Jeremy thinks that a delivery must have been made to the wrong house, and at this point I'm thinking...does that brownie have weed in it?? Who is trying to poison or drug us? (Okay, so maybe I watch too many movies!) We are standing there looking dumbfounded and awestruck determined to stick that delicious dessert in the trash when who should come rounding the corner? ANDREA & BRIAN LINDER...with kids in tow. Jeremy says, "I thought that was y'all I saw tearing off down the road a few minutes ago." OKAY JEREMY - you so did NOT think it was them when you were "oh so cautiously" opening the bag, you freaked out paranoid man - don't lie and act all cool because Brian is around! Andi and Brian are laughing hysterically and I finally realize that they are the culprits. Andi says that they wanted us to be surprised, but then Brian thought that they should come back because like he said to Andi, "Would YOU eat food that was just left mysteriously on your front porch?" We all get the laughing fits and you would have really thought that the brownie had something in it! (If you aren't laughing at this point, you just had to be there!) Let me explain something...Brian is 6'2'' tall, and not a small man...he took off like Jumpin' Jack Flash because we did NOT see him...and Andrea...she must have floored that Dodge Durango like there was no tomorrow because there were no signs of them anywhere! They were really sweet and decided to bring us dessert. We had gone to dinner with them a few weeks back and I mentioned that I liked barely cooked brownies with ice cream. She knew of a place that had just that for dessert, and brought it all the way to our house from Saginaw where they live. Sweet people that they are to bring us dessert and share the fatty love! BTW - it was SO good!Little do they know that the Rogers are tricky people too, and that whole "ding-dong ditching" (Yes, "ding-dong ditching" does have another name that is probably more familiar to most, but I'm not going to use that derogatory word on my family blog!) part won't go unnoticed. Payback is a "B" Linder Family...it's on like Donkey Kong! :)

Her version cracks me up...but from our perspective, we rounded the corner so fast and could not stop laughing. Brian ran to the car soo fast yelling "GO, GO, GO"...it looked like a movie, I was literally driving away as he was jumping in. And to see Jeremy "inspecting" the bag as we came back around, it was so funny!! Anyway, you probably had to be there.

Ash fell down on the tile this evening...teeth, gums, lips bled, usual tears, but vomit crisis was averted, I repeat...no vomit!!! Yippee!!

Oh, by the way, I have opened up my comments to anonymous users so you don't have to register...so leave a comment people!!

Boring day...sleep tight!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear God! That is soo funny! I got the mental picture. My only question is....why the heck do you not ever bring me dessert to my doorstep!!! Just wrong! Ally

JESSICA said...

I absolutely loved the Ashleigh video. It makes you happy to be a mother when you see things like that. I think you are doing great at it.
I am still cracking up at the whole dessert thing! You Linder's don't even know what you have coming...

Anonymous said...

I was teary-eyed at the video but you put things in proper order & "always leave them laughing"! VERY SWEET video & words of love. I remember thinking "How will I EVER love another child w/pregy w/Richy?" but when I saw him; "Love at first sight!". Good friend story & Ally, I agree w/you; where is mine?
Love Auntie S

Anonymous said...

Oh....sure...bring your friends some chocolate cobbler!! Oh I know all about that chocolate cobbler!!! That was a funny story! I can just see you goobers doing that. e careful dealing with Brian, Jessica. he is good!! Sweet Ashleigh. I cried. RC