Wednesday, May 21, 2008

This, That, and the Other

So we lost Game 2 of the baseball tournament yesterday to put an end to our season. It wasn't pretty, but at least we scored a few runs. It was a pretty long season and I think most of us were ready for it to end. We'll see about Ash playing again in the Fall, but not the summer, it is just too hot for those kids.


Brian left at 4:30 this morning to catch his flight to Kansas City so he could attend his sister's, Jessica, high school graduation. It's a whirlwind trip, as he will be leaving at 4:00 tomorrow morning for the airport, so hopefully he'll be home by 7:30 am. Yup, that man will be tired for a few days! It'll be worth it, his sister really wanted him there, he wanted to be there, and I'm glad she didn't have to be disappointed...all in 24 hours!


Mark, our Service Manager, called me at 4:30 this afternoon to inform he was just in an accident...and it was his fault. He was on Denton Highway and said everyone started slamming on their brakes, and he couldn't stop in time. He rear ended a fairly new Cadillac (figures) which then triggered the Cadillac to rear end a pick up truck. The Cadillac had 4 men in it, and the truck had 3 men in it. Everyone was okay (for the time being...really, what are the odds that out of 8 men one of them doesn't "develop" neck pain??). His Service Van didn't sustain much damage, but he said you wouldn't know it by looking at the other vehicles...apparently it was pretty bad and warranted the police to show up. Should be interesting to see how this turns out. I feel bad for Mark because he was pretty shaken up...he has never had an accident before while on the job. But as much as these guys are on the road traveling from house to house, odds are they will have an accident at some point, and that's why we have insurance. It sucks, but we just have to deal with it. I feel lucky that the van was spared...it could have been worse and we would be down a service van...no van=no service calls=no money=bad news!! I'll keep you posted on how this turns out!


Work has been busy, as usual.


I just got through pumping...a lousy 1.75 ounces. It's so depressing!! I have tried to stop pumping and just let myself dry up for good. But I just can't, I don't know what it is...is it because I know I will NEVER make milk again since we aren't having anymore kids? I'm having a hard time letting go, though, I'm not nursing anymore, just pumping. Addy doesn't have the patience for my piddly supply. And yes, my hair is still falling out in droves. It's so annoying!


David Cook won AI...I'm glad, I think he is better than David A. but he was good too.


I still haven't seen the finale of DH...it's on the TIVO...maybe I'll have time this weekend...ATTENTION BRIAN LINDER: DO NOT DELETE DH...I know you!! :) To know you is to love you, but do it and accept the consequences!!


So far Addy has liked all of her baby food, she has had peas, green beans, and we tried some prunes tonight (we think she's been a bit constipated).


Okay, I know this was boring, but hopefully Ash and Addy will enjoy reading about our daily lives in the years to come.


Here are a couple of pictures of the girls with some of their friends. Nicki is the girl in the chair on the left who had pneumonia and was in the hospital for 17 days. I'm happy to report she is doing VERY well. Gannon is her twin brother sitting with Ash. And of course, that's Jacoby next to Addy. Sleep Tight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darn, the truck had a mind of its own! So glad no injuries! Any that come later won't be serious! All things for a reason? Brian, stay home! He is needed! Breasts are strange, they are supply & demand so you must still be demanding, hehe! I am glad David Cook won; he is a real star! Other David was second before on an earlier TV talent show to a black girl from Ocean City, NJ and his dad was so bad then. Sweet blog about the girls; some day they will love it! Love, Auntie S