Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Pictures of the Day

Another busy Wednesday...school for Ashleigh, speech therapy for Ashleigh, we drove Gannon to the hospital after school so he could see his sister, Nicki, who is STILL in the hospital, and of course...work, work, work. Hopefully Nicki will be getting out of the hospital soon...her lung is still draining and she still is not needing as much as she should. I have to think that being home would help that part of the problem. Please continue to keep her and her family n your prayers!

I've spent the evening de-cluttering for the cleaning ladies tomorrow. It's pathetic that I have to do so much cleaning before the cleaning ladies can come clean. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense when I say it, but it's totally necessary...doing the dishes so they can clean the sink, put all the toys away so they can clean the floor, get everything off of counters, desks, sinks so those can be cleaned. I would say I spent the most time putting away Addy's laundry. That little girl has sooo many clothes that I don't have to do her laundry for a month. She is almost 4 months old, and I think this is only the 4th time I've done her laundry...blankets and changing table covers a little more often. I LOVE you Baby Girl!!

Onkel Johann and Tante Dagmar got into town this evening from Munich, Germany. They are Brian's Aunt and Uncle (AKA his Mom's brother and sister in law). They are the sweetest people in the world and we always enjoy it when they are here. They always spend about a month here every year. Happy, Margarete's dog, also LOVE them here because they take him everywhere! Brian went to the airport to greet them, help with their luggage, and get their rental car.

Well, I think Ashleigh has been acting out a bit lately. She has never listened as well to me as she does to Brian, but lately it has gotten worse. I'm sure it has a little something to do with having a new little sister, but we're working through it. We had a nice long talk tonight, Mother to Daughter, about listening, obeying, and always trying our hardest. I was a bit disappointed at her report card this past 6 weeks...she received several check minuses for citizenship...like obeying, value of time, listening, etc. She promised to try harder. This is new territory for me because most of you know how shy Ashleigh has always been. Pre-K has maybe worked out for her a little too well..that girl has REALLY come out of her shell...more like busted through it and left it in smithereens!!! One extreme to another!!

This first picture I took because of something Ashleigh said. She said, "Look Mommy, the tree is growing beautiful flowers!" This is what she was referring to:


Yes, that's a branch with some dead lives. Just goes to show you that a child can see the beauty in just about anything. Either that, or she has quite an imagination!! I LOVE you Ashleigh Shea!!

Here are a few others from our brief outside time this evening:

Baby Girl Addy LOVES to be outside!!
Yes, Ashleigh dressed herself after her main outfit today got wet. Nothing is too gaudy for that girl!Sisters and hopefully best friends!Daddy and Daddy's girl!!

Sleep Tight!!

1 comment:

JESSICA said...

Ash SO cracks me up with that wardrobe! She's too cute...and of course, so is little Addy!