Thursday, April 10, 2008

Exhausting Day



Wow, what a day! For the 2nd night in a row thunderstorms decided it would be a GREAT idea to invade in the middle of the night and wake us up. Some of you haven't experienced a Texas thunderstorm and it is wild! I seriously thought the house was going to blow away and there was not a tornado nearby. It took us forever to get Ashleigh to school this morning...all of the stop lights were out and along the way there were TONS of trees up-rooted, laying across the road, on top of cars, on power lines, etc. The number of fences that were down were numerous and there were even businesses with their huge signs on the ground. My biggest pet peeve in all of this??? People REALLY need to re-qualify for their driving test each year because don't they know when a traffic signal has no power that you treat the intersection like a stop sign?!?! People are such idiots and just think they have the right away...well, when two people going opposite directions both think that way...BAM!! Not a pretty sight!!

Anyway, after taking Ashleigh to school, Brian and I went on to the CPA to finalize our tax return...that's FINALLY a load off of my mind!!

So last night, I guess Addy got awoken by the thunderstorms and thought it would be a good time to eat...when I realized at about 4:00 am she wasn't taking no for an answer, I go ahead and get up and nurse her. Lizzy, our cat, always goes with me when Addy needs to be fed in the middle of the night. To give you a little background, our house is all tile and wood flooring (well, wood laminate) except for one room...the nursery, so the cat LOVES the nursery. So I lay Addy back down around 4:40 or so and try to get Lizzy out. You see, she won't come when called, but if you shut the door she will wait for you to get back in bed and then decide she wants out and starts scratching at the door...loud enough to make me run so she doesn't wake Addy back up. We had the same problem when Ashleigh was a baby. So we go through that routine, and then Shasta (our big dog) decides it would be a good time to try to kill me. More background...Shasta is a titty-baby, especially during thunderstorms. She usually stays on her bed, but not when it's sprinkling, much less storms like last night. So on my way back to bed the 2nd time, she is laying right across my path, and I didn't see her because it was pitch black. More background...I was borrowing Ashleigh's Hello Kitty nightlight for night feeds so I don't kill myself, but she decided she didn't want to share anymore...fine Ashleigh, Addy doesn't wake up much anymore in the middle of the night...boy, was I wrong!! Anyway, I didn't fall down, but I'm shocked the whole house wasn't awoken by my potty mouth that spontaneously flew out of mouth as I was slamming myself into our dresser. Damn DOG!!!

We had meatball subs with provolone cheese, macaroni and cheese, and green beans for dinner. I made Ash chicken nuggets as I knew she would not go near a meatball. It was pretty good.

I'm attaching an article/picture that I came across today as I'm looking through our very local newspaper (serves Saginaw and a few surrounding cities)...I am not AT ALL thrilled with the picture or the fact that my very own sister (who organized the event) submitted it in the first place. Had I thought there was even a remote chance that I would win this Chili Cook off when I don't even make chili, I might have made myself a little more presentable. You can tell it was late, and I was beat. And did I mention that Weight Watchers is in my near future? Let's move on...

Addy has been sooo cranky today...I can't blame her though because she has been so constipated today, she literally screams in agony when she tries to have a bowel movement. I think it is because her diet is increased in formula and less of breast milk. Poor baby, I felt so helpless! Any suggestions from any of you? If it continues tomorrow, I will call the doctor to see what he thinks would be best to do or to give her. It breaks my heart to see her in so much pain and I feel like it's my fault since my milk supply is depleting.

Tee-Ball was cancelled tonight due to the fields being too wet. That's okay, there's another game on Saturday.

Late again, sleep tight!

No comments: