Friday, April 11, 2008

TGIF

Brian left for Kansas City this afternoon to visit his family up there. He traveled with his Mom (Margarete), his younger sister (Katie), and her two kids (Kaileyanna and Tekoa). They are staying with his older sister (Tracy) and her two kids (Bria and Tanner). There is so little time while he is there, as they are leaving Sunday. But he will see his half-sister (Jessica) and her Mom (Kim). And will also see his Dad (Cliff, Jr) and his grandfather (Cliff, Sr). I'm sure he'll see other family and friends if time will allow it. I already miss him and Ash is already asking when Daddy will be home.


It's been very quiet around the house this evening, which has been kind of nice. I laid Ashleigh down at 8:15 because she was sooo exhausted from playing very hard with her friend, Jaydon. Jessica and I agreed that we would let them have play dates on Fridays because it is good for both of them...but they play hard!!! Addy fell asleep in my arms around 9:15 after a nice warm, lavender bath and a nursing with a warm top off of formula. I NEVER let her fall asleep while I am holding her, but I just couldn't resist tonight. She was so peaceful and cuddly.


You might be asking yourself "why doesn't she usually let Addy fall asleep in her arms?" And the answer is "because I don't want to be rocking a 40 pounder to sleep later on". We've just always put our girls to sleep awake, it really helps them to be able to sooth themselves and to put themselves to sleep. It's not easy at first, but pays dividends in a very short amount of time.


Tomorrow should prove itself to be a hectic day...I have a hair appointment and Ash has a tee-ball game. Plus it's never easy being Mommy and Daddy for a whole weekend. But we'll be fine. It just always feels weird having that big ol' king size bed to myself.


Once again, it's already 11:30...Ash has a 3 hour head start on me, and Addy has a 2 hour head start...I better get movin'!!


Oh, Brian just called...they made it in safe and sound. Let's pray for his sanity this weekend, he's surrounded by a bunch of women...but really, how is that different from any other day?!?! Poor Brian. I'm sure all 3 of his sisters will torture him this weekend...that's okay, it's good for him every now and then.


Sleep tight, and enjoy this picture from a couple of weeks ago. Ahhh, my sweet baby girl!

Addy Update: 11 hours last night...Hallelujah!!

1 comment:

JESSICA said...

TOTALLY understand about the falling asleep thing. THAT is why we refuse to buy a rocking chair like some people have in their nursery's. We TOTALLY regret buying the recliner in our den, but that was Jeremy's Christmas gift last year. Good thinking there with the "no rocking to sleep policy" friend. As spoiled as he is, Jacoby will sometimes cry himself to sleep, (all of 10 minutes) but I know it's worth it in the end! I couldn't agree with you more! :)