Monday, April 28, 2008

A Good Weekend

Good Evening Everyone! I apologize to my loyal readers for being MIA for the past couple of days. Life has definitely gotten in the way lately. We had a decent weekend that started with tee-ball...that was interesting! We must have played the best team in Texas! We found out that their kids were already turning 7 and ours are just turning 5! Yes, we got our butts handed to us...on a silver platter. I think we only scored 2 runs to their 50! They were at bat for like 20 minutes at a time compared to our 30 seconds. It was pretty pathetic. The following picture says it all. This is the coaches son, Jaydon...

We went to the Rogers' house for a Potluck Party Saturday night. Jessica, the Domestic Diva, had a prize for the best dish and everything. Believe it or not my Potato Casserole tied for 1st. I thought it was pretty funny. All of the food was so good, I was surprised to be a winner! If my own husband would have voted for me, I could have taken the title all to myself...but nooo!! too funny!! Jessica is so sweet, since she didn't have a prize for both winners, I insisted she give the prize to the other girl...her sweet and sour meatballs rocked!! But of course, by 1:00 the next day there was a prize/birthday gift combo on my front porch. She really went above and beyond and I was very thankful!

I actually made breakfast on Sunday...eggs, bacon, and toast. I think I shocked the hell out of my husband. I really can't remember the last time I cooked breakfast! It turned out good.

Oh, while we were out Saturday night, RC volunteered to watch the girls...this didn't go as well as I had hoped. The Yorks had come over to play poker, Sydney had a friend spend the night, so there was a lot of stimulation over there. Apparently Addy was not too happy that we left her somewhere. She cried 80% of the time apparently realizing that Mommy nor Daddy were anywhere in sight. Poor baby was still doing the sniffle thing as we were laying her down. This was really the 1st time we left her for any length of time, I guess we need to do it a little more often to get her used to it. Ash never had this problem because she was either at RC's or Ally's since 6 weeks of age. Addy is with us 24/7 since I work at home. But now nobody is going to want to watch her knowing she will cry the whole time. What do you do?!?!

Today was such a hectic day! Busy at work meeting yet another deadline and the phones were ringing off the hook. Plus caring for the kids and Peyton. Then we had to rush out of here by 6:00 to make it to Sydney's and my Dad's piano recital. Luckily Brian made it home just in time so I wouldn't have to take Addy. Sydney did sooo good and I was VERY proud of her! She has improved so much since the last recital and that little girl is so confident when she hits the stage! Now for my Dad...for those of you who don't know, my Dad decided late in life that he wanted to play the piano..he has always wanted to play and his Mom played so beautifully. So a couple of years ago he decided it was time to start taking lessons. My Dad is currently 62 years old and he gets up there with those 5-15 years old and does his song, his hands are shaking, but he did so well. I am so incredibly proud of him for having the attitude that "old dogs can learn new tricks". His song was beautiful and he did it in Mom-Mom's honor. Congratulations, Dad and Syd!!

My daughter, Ash, insists on putting lip gloss on her eyes like eye shadow...what's up with that?

My daughter, Addy, is over 16 pounds now and almost 4 months old...what's up with that?

Thanks to all of you who read my blog, I am so glad I can keep in touch in some way with our busy lives and have an eventual book for my children to cherish at the same time.

More tee-ball tomorrow, wish us luck! Sleep Tight!

2 comments:

jlinder90 said...

I actually read this everyday and look forward to see whats going on with my Texas family! I miss you guys very much and I'm ready to come down and get to do some bonding time with Ash and dress up and play princess haha...I love ya :)

JESSICA said...

SO hilarious how I get named "Domestic Diva"! Let's see...if I recall correctly, I didn't win the Chili Cook-Off after NEVER having made chili before! I don't have the nickname "Mrs. Crafty" at Glenview Christian. ...and I wasn't the one asking "Which one of my potato recipes should I bring to the potluck - potato salad, potato casserole, or homemade mashed potatoes?" Can we ALL be like you when we grow up, Queen Potato? :)
(Love ya!)